Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GNR - Madagascar Studio version

• 01-04-2007 11:42am

Have ye heard this ? Its on youtube and a few other sites, doesnt sounds like its mixed.

Im not so sure about the vocals!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah I love this song. The middle part with the solo and the quotes over the top is awesome. Hasn't been mixed yet. Ron Thal says its just a demo although the band blatantly lied about the last Better leak, so who knows? Lovin' the intro to Chinese Democracy that was leaked as well. Chris Pitman (who was so often ridiculed for being the pointless second keyboardist in GnR who has nothing to while the rest of the band is playing Appetite for Destruction but pretends to be playing anyway) is turning into the unlikely star of the new album. But yeah the intro to the title track that was leaked is such a tease, the way it just ends as its about to kick in.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Holy crap, when was this leaked? I've been paying less and less attention to New GNR in recent times after being obsessed for so long. I've always loved Madagascar since the 2002 live versions. This sounds very good. Great song.

I doubt that Chi Dem intro is real, however...

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Holy crap, when was this leaked? I've been paying less and less attention to New GNR in recent times after being obsessed for so long. I've always loved Madagascar since the 2002 live versions. This sounds very good. Great song.

I doubt that Chi Dem intro is real, however...

It's real - the 7-second vocal clip at the end of that is definately studio! Plus there was no bootleg from 2006 where the intro was anything close to that quality. The fact they were both leaked around the same time, with CD before Madagascar, is further proof. It's believed the owner of Gnrsucks.com has a CD with Chinese Democracy, The Blues and Madagascar.

Incidentally, Richard Fortus confirmed Buckethead plays the solo in Madagascar leak, though it sounds more like Fortus's live version than Buckethead's live version. So, that means it was recorded in 2003-2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Richard Fortus has confirmed via emails that he does perform on this track, and that its him and Buckethead, and that it was recorded around 2002. BBF said it was a demo recently, and it seems to be that, as the vocals sound appauling. The music sounds great, and the solo is just brilliant, but Axl has just done so much better things with this song live that it shocks me this version was leaked.

BTW, it was leaked by a chap from a site called GNRSucks.com, who also has a studio version of 'Chinese Democracy' and 'The Blues' and he was tricked into swapping it with another boarder when told they had a copy of 'Prostitute' (which, as we all know, has never been leaked...and was just confirmed because it appeared on a setlist picture of the GNR website)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Madagascar doesnt sound like "AXL" till about 02:10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GUNNER89

any1 no where i can find these i had no idea they were up and theyve been taken off youtube now i gotta hear them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

We can't tell you here. They are probably available online via the usual illegal music downloading channels though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

GUNNER89 wrote:
    any1 no where i can find these i had no idea they were up and theyve been taken off youtube now i gotta hear them

This leak was played on Irish radio last week. Bumblefoot was also interviewed on the same program, the whole show can be downloaded from www.myspace.com/headbangersballireland along with other interesting stuff

Three more songs just leaked...sound ****in' great....I think they are from a different source from the last leaks, coz the intro to CD sounds different to me. The guy who leaked 'em posted this on Roses Of Velvet:

• Advertisement
Advertisement