Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs and weedkiller

Options
  • 01-04-2007 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all
    I Have A Minature yorkshire Terrior.
    I Want to put weedkiller down the bottom of my garden, but im afraid it will
    make my dog ill, is ther any weedkiller out ther i can use that wont make my dog ill.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Can't think of the name right now but it's one of the more commenly used weed killers on the market. Just check your local supermarket or hardware shop it will have a label on it that says say around pets and children. However still only use it in areas you really have to and also use it at a time when it's dry outside so that it will dry quickly don't let pets or children on it until it's well dried in. Obviusly in pets I mean cats or dogs wether pet and children friendly or not never use it on grass used for animals like rabbits or guinea pigs of course.

I think Tescos and some hardware shops do an organic weedkiller as well or was that a pets killer..or mabey it was both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just read the labels and on most will tell you if they are pet friendly, if it says nothing then you can assume they are not. Chemical weed killers (or most of them) will be all out I'm afraid if you have a pets.

Advertisement