Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom and torrents - problems!

Options
  • 01-04-2007 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭

Having a problem with downloading torrents at the moment. I used to be on BT up until 2 weeks ago, there was no problem there. But when I switched to Eircom I needed to set up my client again (i'm using Azureus if you're in the know...) with port forwarding etc. However it seems that no matter what i do i cannot get it to function fully. I first thought that there might have been a problem with Azureus so i switched to uTorrent but i'm getting the same problem, I can't seem to successfully open a port. Does anybody else have this problem with eircom.net? Or does anybody know of a work-around?

Mods: Not sure what the story with talking about torrents is, if not allowed just delete...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 John1000

Have you set up your modem to to port forwarding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SisterCheeba

Torrents work perfect for me on eircom, though I remember the port forwarding being a bit of a swine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Needed to reduce the firewall level on the router to low (from medium) now works perfectly... :D

Advertisement