Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Affordable aviator sunglasses

• 01-04-2007 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

The lovely weather today has reminded me that soon it's gonna be really bright most days.

I'd like a pair of affordable aviator sunglasses, cause I'm way to cheap for the proper ray-ban (I think?) official ones. Topman have a couple of pairs up on their website, but I'm wondering what other options are around.

All of Topmans seem to have a bronzey kinda tint to the glasses (see picture below) and I was hoping to find something more basic with just a silver frame and dark tinted lens or something like that. A mirror lens would be cool too :D

http://www.topman.com/wcsstore/TopMan//images/catalog/56S08PGLD_large.jpg

Thanks guys :)

Edit: for example a quick search turned up these http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/sunglasses-of-the-month/february-2006.asp which would be more along the lines of what I'm looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

The Scientist, how did buying the glasses online work out for you? I've never bought a pair before and always hear how should try loads on first and that kinda thing. I love the mirrored ones!

DeiseGal, have you ordered anything from that site before? I'm a little skeptical of the quality of things copying designer gear, and I'd want them to last me at least for the whole summer. These ones look great though:
    http://www.notdesigner.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_34&products_id=220

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

I got a pair of Mirrored Aviators off E-Bay just last month :)

Off a seller called Mikes-sunglasses in the UK.

There was a bit of complication paying him with PayPal (by that I mean he was only setting up his account and had no PayPal seller account so I had to do a bit of typing to send him the money) but nothing that would put me off doing it again.

They are quality RayBan's got them for 20 euro and they are the Bees-Knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

H&M usually have really cheap ones. Not the greatest quality but for a fiver you can always buy another pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I've bought from these guys in the past - no problems.
    You can get real aviators for under 100 bucks
    www.giarre.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

That's some good advice The Scientist. I emailed notdesigner, and they gave me the measurments for the two pairs I've been looking at. One pair is 5mm smaller than the other in all measurments, and based off my current pair of reading glasses + a tape measure it looks like they should fit alright and I'll go for them.

So that's the issue of if they'll be way to big for my face taken care of. The only other issue really is if they'll sit on my face alright, or somehow end up too high or too low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

samsamson wrote:
    The Scientist, how did buying the glasses online work out for you? I've never bought a pair before and always hear how should try loads on first and that kinda thing. I love the mirrored ones!

DeiseGal, have you ordered anything from that site before? I'm a little skeptical of the quality of things copying designer gear, and I'd want them to last me at least for the whole summer. These ones look great though:
    http://www.notdesigner.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_34&products_id=220

Hiya, no have never bought off this site. I have gotten a pair off ebay alright and they are still going strong, hopefully i will get this summer out of them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Unitedshades.com, ordered a pair two weeks ago and they were fedexed over from Italy for the next day - unbelievable. They only sell the real deal though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

jdivision wrote:
    H&M usually have really cheap ones. Not the greatest quality but for a fiver you can always buy another pair.

Definetely. Aaand if you're really desperate the H&M womens section have them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fantastic Kaz

Please tell me you look like this.....

http://www.touringcarnews.net/news/btcc06071503.jpg

Looooove aviators!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Got me a pair of avaiators in pennys last week 3 yo-yo's would you belive! Not the best of quality.... but sure you know like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

aviators are the most annoying glass to shop for! Last summer i went nuts trying to find a pair over here. Even on the net i couldnt find the right pair, and i wasnt going to waste my money on just any pair. I gave up in the end but while i was in spain that summer i was looking randomly at glasses and saw the perfect pair for only 15 euro on one of those stalls!

Lesson leared, look around the places you wouldnt consider looking for them in! Chances are they will be cheaper and better, and few people will have them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Buy proper Ray-Bans. They're worth the extra cash. The clarity of the lens' (made in Waterford until a few years ago) is crystal and the build quality is excellent. I had loads of knock offs before and there's no comparison.

Advertisement