Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cryptopsy!

• 01-04-2007 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

You know, I really have to be in the right mood for these guys, but the last couple of days, I've been listening to them a good deal.

As far as pure brutal heavy speed goes, you can do no better than Cryptopsy!

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I agree wholeheartedly. They rule live as well. This message has been approved by Bord Bia, also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

For some reason I've been listening to "And Then You'll Beg" mostly.

I should really whip out some of their other albums too, like Whisper Supremacy, or None So Vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

once was not and none so vile would be the favourites for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Great band, but for raw brutality I'd find myself more inclined to listen to Benighted or Aborted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Cracking band, both live and on record. Great pummelling stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

One of the most boring gigs I've ever been to, last year. **** sake, they did some really fast songs, then some more really fast songs and it all blurred into a one trick pony. Great players, great in small doses but ultra repetitive and boring as **** after 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

For me, the support (Gorerotted) were actually better than they were last time they played here. I mean, they were quite good, but sounded crap, and Gorerotted had some of the best song titles I had ever heard. They made a fan that day :D

Doctor J wrote:
    One of the most boring gigs I've ever been to, last year. **** sake, they did some really fast songs, then some more really fast songs and it all blurred into a one trick pony. Great players, great in small doses but ultra repetitive and boring as **** after 10 minutes.

Never seem them live myself, but I do agree with you, their stuff really does kinda blur together. Which is why I have to be in a certain mood or frame of mind to listen to them.

I saw Gorerotted before though, they were a great laugh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They'd be a great band if they just broke up the relentless speed a little. If they broke it down to an occasional slow bit, or quiet bit or whatever, the speed would have so much more impact but it's just constant speed with nothing else. It just gets real dull real quick. Constant extreme speed at the cost of the songs.

Doctor J wrote:
    They'd be a great band if they just broke up the relentless speed a little. If they broke it down to an occasional slow bit, or quiet bit or whatever, the speed would have so much more impact but it's just constant speed with nothing else. It just gets real dull real quick. Constant extreme speed at the cost of the songs.

I definetly agree with you there, and that's probably why the song Cold Hate, Warm Blood stands over most of their songs, because it does have the dynamics the rest of the songs sorely lack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

For me, the support (Gorerotted) were actually better than they were last time they played here. I mean, they were quite good, but sounded crap, and Gorerotted had some of the best song titles I had ever heard. They made a fan that day :D

Just lookin' up some song titles now. Can't stop laughing at Only Tools and Corpses. Is the music itself serious or a joke though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Well as serious as Grindcore is :p
    I mean, you can't have a song called Masticated By The Spasticated, or Gagged, Shagged, Bodybagged and claim you're a serious political and philosophical force....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Great band. The 28 second scream in Open Face Surgery always does it for me, to be honest.
    At other times, the vocals can really bug me though.

Advertisement