Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Z3 Help Required

Options
  • 01-04-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

My housemate just purchased a 99 2.0 BMW Z3 with an automatic soft top. Problem is he can't get it to retract.

He's tried unlocking the two clasps over the windscreen and pressed the retract button with the engine on but nothing seems to happen.

Can someone help me out? Tried googling the retraction instructions but can't seem to find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

does it make noise or anything like the motor is trying to pull but isbeing held? If theres not sign of any movement it could be simple like a fuse or bad like some electrical fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Hmmm, doesn't appear to make any noise at all. That what has me thinking maybe we're missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

go for the cheapest fix first - check your fuses!
    did he test the roof before he bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I got caught out test driving one of these for a firend recently. It is different to a 3 series electric roof. you have to put your foot on the brake pedal while operating the electric soft top on the Z3. Try that out & let us know how you got on.

Advertisement