Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry Pearl 8100

• 01-04-2007 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Im still in 2 minds of what Network to get a Blackberyr Pearl 8100 on

O2

Umlimited Internet E-mail and WAP browsing €199 for Pearl and €24.20 a month

Vodafone

Umlimited Internet E-mail and €239 fro Pearl and €24.20 a month
    I dont htink you can browse WAP sites in this monthly chatge, But no one in Vodafone seems to be able to tell me : (

which would you go for?

O2 or Vodafone 5 votes

O2
    0%
    Vodafone
    100%
    Urban Weigljoolsveergovindarichiegwhisht 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Vodafone
    What has vodafone over O2. The phone is dearer, call charges are generally dearer and the email is the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Vodafone
    I've voted O2. I'd only go with Vodafone if I also wanted the 400 minutes + unlimited Vodafone-to-Vodafone price plan for €69, otherwise O2 is the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

looks like 02 are the winners here alright, does anyone know are these Pearls reliable ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

im a bes admin in my current role - and i've had different RIM phones pass through my hands. I have to say i found ithe pearl pretty fiddly compared to the normal blackberries, although its gorgeous looking, and has plenty of features, and i did quite like the ipod style central control nub. Trying to type out an email was a bit of a pain - but im sure with a bit of practice it would be fine. In my experience over the last year, we've only had 1 blackberry come back in - someone dropped a can of beans on it, and smashed the screen ;) , i think they heard we had the new model phones in, and fancied a change ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

Vodafone
    Have voted for o2; I have the Pearl on on that network (upgraded from a BB 7100) and can't fault either. The o2 data allowance is much more generous than Vodafones, and definitely includes WAP browsing.....have always found o2 customer care the best of any Irish network and wouldn't have any hesitation recommending this combination!

• Advertisement

kewl nice 1! can I browse boards.ie on WAP?

Or what site can you browse on WAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Vodafone
    Using Blackberrys on O2 for last 2 years and have used 7290, 7100 and 8700 and lots of phones with Blackberry Connect. Looked at the Pearl also but after using 7100, I didnt want to go back to a non QWERTY keypad.

You can access boards.ie using the built in browser but its not WAP format and its painfully slow

is there many WAP site out there to surf so then>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Vodafone
    you can view both wap and full html sites as long as you use the built in browser. most are not as bad as boards but boards takes forever on a blackberry device

Advertisement