Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems ordering WM with NTL?

• 01-04-2007 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Anyone else having problems with NTL? They keep ringing out for me after a form message telling me they're open til 10 tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There was something in a thread about this a while ago, it seems to be near impossible to order ppv's from NTL on the weekend. I can't really help, but just don't be shocked if you don't have any luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

hmm ya exact same problem dude..ull be lucky to get it ordered today...had probs in past,so i made sure n order yesterday...n at that took me 40mins..but sunday is impossible...keep tryin BEFORE 6 otherwise ur screwed im afraid..NTL r useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 comic_Monkey

HBK wrote:
    hmm ya exact same problem dude..ull be lucky to get it ordered today...had probs in past,so i made sure n order yesterday...n at that took me 40mins..but sunday is impossible...keep tryin BEFORE 6 otherwise ur screwed im afraid..NTL r useless

Mmmm. They've got a message saying they're open tile 10 tonight, I'll try again at 7. Hopeless people. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've had alot of problems ordering with NTL in the past. I spent god knows how long trying to order the royal rumble with no luck a couple of months ago.

I got through today at about 12, 20 minutes after waiting. My advice would be to try all their numbers and options and hope you get in contact with someone.

I've had times when it would say no one was there too and that all lines were closed. I'd try 10 minutes later and amazingly I'd get through to someone. Its so frustrating but hopefully things work out.

Its probably possible to order repeats too although I know thats not the same.

I'd love to know how much business NTL looses because of their phone system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

How much is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I took me about 30 seconds in total to order Mania from NTL on Wednesday.... dialed number, asked what I wanted to order, gave account number - done. I was very pleased considering some of things I've heard about NTL's customer service.

maybe I just got lucky :)

Well I've now been on hold 16 mins to their non-free phone. They say they're open until 10, but having tried different nums, all calls, including tech problems etc are going to the same number. With Sky you just push a button!

It's €21.95. $50 in the US though, we get it handy enough

Victory!!! Got through after 40 mins on hold. Should be a good one folks!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fozzy wrote:
    It's €21.95. $50 in the US though, we get it handy enough

Except it doesn't start at midnight in the states.

• Advertisement

Haha, touché. Ah well, I'll still be alive after my 3 hours sleep!

Well done on ordering it, comic_Monkey, you've managed something many mere mortals have failed in trying to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

PROGRESS!! It was ringing for 20 mins, now they put on music, is there still hope????

deise59 wrote:
    PROGRESS!! It was ringing for 20 mins, now they put on music, is there still hope????

Deise, what I did was dial in to 012458600, then connect to tech support. Seemed to go quicker, I got the music+ the hold msg much quicker.

comic are you sure it isnt 8000 at the end rather than 8600? cause thats what i says on ntl.ie

deise59 wrote:
    comic are you sure it isnt 8000 at the end rather than 8600? cause thats what i says on ntl.ie

Nope deffo 8600

well thats it, 10pm came and i got a message saying their customer services is now closed :( There goes my Wrestlemania for another year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Managed to order it earlier. But since this is my first time using NTL to order a PPV, can someone tell me what channel it's on? The PPV channel is saying nothing is ordered. That's normal isn't it? It'll just show up at 12, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jacob

I ordered this PPV on thursday and the message on NTL channel 862 is Channel off air. Anyone else having this problem. I hate NTL. What's the story? Please help! Sorry to post twice but I've paid 22 yoyos for this and it's doin' my head in. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I am well pissed I couldnt get through preetty much the same thing as you deise. If anybod gets a link can they PM me it cheers.
    Ahh I am freaking:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

switchto sky folks....theres ways of gettin it for free on sky;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I ordered last night and nothing showed up, and of course there's no customer service at midnight.

So this morning, I ordered the replay. I checked the telly and it was half started so I figured I'd watch it later. Now on my screen, it has the not available message. I gave them a call and they said they're having problems showing it, but they'll keep on trying and it could be on sometime during the week. ****ing joke.

Trying to get my hands on a tape of it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maryjane1

i posted on here last nnight about ntl. i rang at 9.30 and was on hold until 10.50 at which point i hung up. i wasnt sure if they were finshing up taking the callers wh got through before 10 because i still had the man telling me i would be answered in turn blah de blah. anyway i rang them this morning to complain and aparently they all went home at ten o clock and she couldnt tell me why i was left listening to a voice telling me my call would be answered. an hour and twenty minutes on a mobile for nowt :mad:

Advertisement