Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vinyl records

• 01-04-2007 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a site that gives valuations or approximate values for old vinyl records?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

jos28 wrote:
    Does anyone know a site that gives valuations or approximate values for old vinyl records?
    Cheers.

Record Collector price guide is your best bet.

Despite numerous articles in the media regarding vinyl's continuing success in holding a reasonable market share of new music sales, many people still hold the perception that the format has been dead since the early 1990s.

Last year I purchased 35 new albums (i.e. albums of new material released in 2006).

25 of these have been on vinyl while in the case of five others I chose to purchase the CD version.

So much for being a dead / obselete format!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

I had no idea so much vinyl was still being produced. I thought it was only the really obscure stuff. In my case, it's my grown up sons listening to our old record collection. Thin Lizzy, Led Zep etc. They love the crackly old sounds. No digital re-mastering back then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I know vinyl has become more popular as a format again, but I've heard from a big vinyl-geek that from a collector's point of view the market has changed and there's not much money in it anymore, bar the rarest of the rare... Not sure why and it may not be the case, but I know my vinyl collection is there for my own personal use - I have a few rare ones that I've no intention of selling on!

Advertisement