Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Courtroom

• 01-04-2007 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi there, first time I've posted here. I was just wondering what the story is with the Courtroom and the Public Gallery forums above this forum, what are they for and why are they private?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hi,

The forums are there because at one stage we had the bright idea of having a boards.ie virtual trial. Unfortunately, the idea has since stagnated, and I'm too busy to get the show back on the road for the foreseeable future.

I'd like to see the trial get up and running at some stage, but it won't be until the summer at least.

The reason they're passworded (they aren't private) is because some people on boards are unable to follow the instruction "this is not the Legal Discussion forum. Please do not post here." You know how I am about these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

You're an awful stickler! Ah, ok, can I get tried for something? That'd be good fun. Bagsy James Spader's persona from Boston Legal.

I now must go and put on my suit. Excuse me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'd like to see the trial get up and running at some stage, but it won't be until the summer at least.

Which summer did you mean hullaballú? 2010? :D

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, I was curious about this myself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

SteveC wrote: »
    Which summer did you mean hullaballú? 2010? :D

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, I was curious about this myself.

I think this ship has sailed a long time ago. I don't know why they keep the subfora up though; they could at least use them for something else e.g. "Law courses & text books" or "Recent caselaw" etc.

Advertisement