Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

changing a bulb

Options
  • 01-04-2007 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

Hi.

the left headlight bulb is gone in my s40, however there seems to be some type of a metal bar behind the cover, which obstructs the cover from coming off, does anyone know what this bar is? and is it ok to try push it out of the way? attached is a picture of the bar/rod that runs behind it, I'm useless when it comes to engines, know the basics cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Hi.

the left headlight bulb is gone in my s40, however there seems to be some type of a metal bar behind the cover, which obstructs the cover from coming off, does anyone know what this bar is? and is it ok to try push it out of the way? attached is a picture of the bar/rod that runs behind it, I'm useless when it comes to engines, know the basics cheers

That metal bar is belong to the Air-Con & i would NOT move it at all.The best way i find is to mark around the headlight & then take the unit out,replace bulb & put H/light back in.saves scrapped knuckles:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

mondeoman wrote:
    That metal bar is belong to the Air-Con & i would NOT move it at all.The best way i find is to mark around the headlight & then take the unit out,replace bulb & put H/light back in.saves scrapped knuckles:D

thanks mondeoman.. sounds like a lot of hassle just to change a bulb..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

That rubber cover should come off without any need to move the A/C pipe. Once it's removed you will have a little more room. Mondeoman is right - don't pull/distort that pipe. Removing the headlamp may be an option, but you shouldn't have to go to that trouble.

thanks crosstown... I'll try in the light tomorrow anyhow.. just looked at is this evening an said I'll get some opinions before touching anything...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Why not try here :http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17&page=2&order=desc

Youl get a definitive answer !

• Advertisement

sharkman wrote:
    Why not try here :http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17&page=2&order=desc

Youl get a definitive answer !

Thanks sharkman

Advertisement