Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - Arthus Quay

Options
  • 01-04-2007 9:15pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just out of interest, when did they do it up?

I went in on Friday and the whole store has been completely revamped, pretty impressive, or that is what they want us to think.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Methinks it happened already two or three weeks ago. Was quite a mess when they chaged the places of stuff in the shelfes. People were very confused... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Ok I get that the automated tills cut down on staffing but the queues here were huge before and lilttle old ladies and auto tills just do not work well together

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yeah the layout is quite different...they seem to have put a big emphasis on security!

And I was talking to one of the little ladies at the till and it seems that they have actually made them smaller...makes it a pain when it comes to packing bags.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah, what's with all the security in every store in Limerick? It's over the top, big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The new lay out is ****. the first time I was in their after the lay out change iit took forever to find what I was looking for.

I still prefer the New nunnes stores to arthurs quay

• Advertisement

Billy I fully agree I find all the dunnes in the city to be better laid out than any of the tescos. Dunnes seemed to have decided on the layout and stuck to it as i feel tesco switch ailes around when they are bored

I think the Tesco in AQ has the dog food on two different places in the ailes. At least he had during the revamp and it was not just the old place and the new place at the same time - it's on two completely new shelfs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

sioda wrote:
    Dunnes seemed to have decided on the layout and stuck to it.

I would have said the opposite. Dunnes designed that new store at Harveys key then realised it was a disaster. They stacked boxed and products to stop people going around from the cash registers to the veg. It is impssible to tell who paid for their stuff or not. It made no sense to begin with - whoever designed it was clueless.

Sorry meant the way the fresh food leads you to the veg then meat and finishes with buns and wine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

And I was talking to one of the little ladies at the till and it seems that they have actually made them smaller...makes it a pain when it comes to packing bags.

:(

They shrunk the little ladies!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

The self service tills are pretty handy!!!

Limerick Dude I agree but still cant work out do you scan the barcode at the bottom of the till or at the bit in front.

If there is a queue with a lost lookin eejit at the front that could be me

You can scan on both :) At the bottom one and at the one underneath the screen.

Thanks clock my utter ignorance exposed again :)

if you have a club card (the fob size on your keyring) then the first big self-checout (the left one if you queue) will not read your card...

oh and if you decide to hand over your cash to one of the little girls then avoid the blond older one with the massive amount of gold on her fingers. she is just dead slow. you can finish a big crossword puzzle if only two people are queuing in front of you on her desk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

hi, i was just wondering if that tesco or any other supermarket was looking for employees?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

They shrunk the little ladies!!!:eek:
    Oops!

I meant to say they made the till area's smaller:D

Advertisement