Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pomeranien

Options
  • 01-04-2007 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Why would anyone want one of these dogs, they are highly strung, insecure bark non stop when left alone and chew furniture and pee everywhere. What kind of people own these dogs and let them annoy neighbours and ruin quality of life?

I have a grand little garden out the back and had plans to dig it grow stuff, flowers vegtables etc. But now I just use it as a rubbish depository as these little Pomerainen mutts ruin the whole peace of the area, every time I go out to put out the rubbish these little savages attack the fences on either side really vicously, what is wrong with these little monsters?

Do they have any redeming features at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

We have one at home and he is the sweetest little dog. Never bites or snaps like they're known to. I would say it's the way they're reared but my cousins have one and he's a little shi.t so maybe we're just lucky, I've never come across another nice Pom but they do exist, ours is a little dote. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The majority of people that own them that I know, I've asked them why and they always tell me how they "look cute". Hate them myself, yip, yip, yip *whap with newspaper*. (kidding) :) Alot of owners treat them like babies and that is why they act like they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If they're out everytime you go out, I'd suspect that they're out all the time.
    Possibly on their own, without contact or interaction, for long periods of the day?

In that case they're just bored out of their minds.
    Chewing furniture and peing everywhere would be other indicators for them just being stir crazy due to boredom and/or separation anxiety.

Rather than condemn one breed of dog outright (which is stupid anyway because *enter mantra here* all dogs are individuals *end of mantra*)
    please have a not so quiet word in the ears of their owners (possibly mention the word "dog warden") and tell them to look after their dogs properly and keep them in a fashion that satisfies their needs or else you might see yourself forced to report them as they (the owners) are seriously affecting the enjoyment of your garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I still hate the little beggars. And I like dogs in general I think it is mostly down to the owners how they are but there inbred highly strung temperament doesn't help.
    Ah council estates don't ya just love em, bringing people, dogs and drunk kids together.

Advertisement