Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally in Galway and Beers

Options
  • 01-04-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

All sold up and in Galway. Will be looking for accomodation tomorrow, so wish me luck.

Oh and if you see me wandering about say hello, I really am Nobby Nomates now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Ill have no mates when I move up next week either :(

Maybe we can save up and hire some!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

pints.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Welcome to da finest city in da countray!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

It certainly is.

Now do I stick to my plan of living in Oranmore or go for something closer to city centre? Hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

No point in going from Nr Oxford to Nr Paradise.

Move into the city centre.

k.

• Advertisement

That's what I was thinking whilst having a few pints in Sally Long last night.

There are a few places in the Newcastle area (if they haven't been snatched already)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

SyxPak wrote:
    pints.jpg

seconded

danniemcq wrote:
    seconded

Ok when and where, you can give me the lowdown on where to avoid and which girls are naughty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

MattKid wrote:
    Ok when and where, you can give me the lowdown on where to avoid and which girls are naughty

what about the weekend after easter/ or are there people gonna be busy studyin???

what do people think?

Well I'm easy, it's not like my social calendar is packed although I'm probably going to The Last Waltz tribute at Black Box on Friday 13th

• Advertisement

I think I might actually toddle along this time.

Toddle. Hah.

Ill come along for sure!! as long as I can sort out my new found homelessness issue!! :(
    all my possessions are now in a house I cant move in to in galway, and im in kerry mess++

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

if you're looking for a place, send me a PM!! :)

Does anyone have anything bad to say about the Laurel Park area of Newcastle. i should be looking at a place there today or tomorrow. i had a walk up there yesterday and nothing screamed 'Runaway' to me and it's only 20 mins walk into town.

Going to head up again tomorrow and hopefully find a house that wont fall through at the last minute. third time this week tralee-galway, knackered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

MattKid wrote:
    Does anyone have anything bad to say about the Laurel Park area of Newcastle. i should be looking at a place there today or tomorrow. i had a walk up there yesterday and nothing screamed 'Runaway' to me and it's only 20 mins walk into town.

If you don't mind being surrounded by/living with students you'll be fine:)

[Dirty old man mode on]
    I'll be more than fine! (as long as the majority are female)
    [/Dirty old man mode off]

440Hz wrote:
    Ill come along for sure!! as long as I can sort out my new found homelessness issue!! :(
    all my possessions are now in a house I cant move in to in galway, and im in kerry mess++
    I'm not finding the apartment hunting mission a great deal of fun either. I've got a verbal job offer but can't get anything in writing without a place to live and everyone is workers only.

I might have to offer to pay a years rent up front and see if that helps ARGH!!!!!!!

The house in Newcastle was not good.

But I've viewed a place just off Eyre Sq and given my details, so fingers crossed people (else I'll be bitchin' on here forever)

that got grabbed :(

So it's back to Oranmore and possibly/probably sleeping in my car this weekend

Posts of sympathy welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

440Hz and MattKid - godspeed with the gaff-hunts! I was in the same boat back in October, 4 nights of sleeping on a mate's couch but then settled into a nice place. So keep the ole chins up.

Welcome to the city, by the way.

Found a hostel with an available bed in Connemara for Friday and Sunday, I may try pouting and crying to see if I can wangle the Saturday somehow. Or just come back to the city and find a skanky girl to take me in for the night (actually I couldn't see me doing that, I'll just get a B&B or sleep in my car)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

MattKid wrote:
    that got grabbed :(

So it's back to Oranmore and possibly/probably sleeping in my car this weekend

Posts of sympathy welcome
    if its any consolation, i've a huge bed in a warm house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

MattKid wrote:
    find a skanky girl to take me in for the night

That won't be hard! You'll need some very heavy beer goggles though!

Advertisement