Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus or NTL?

Options
  • 01-04-2007 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

I've just moved into a new house and i was wondering which is the best package to get for digital tv and broadband,chorus or NTL,or is there a better offer going ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Just to let you know, NTL and Chorus are the same company.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What Nightwish said. Same company, migrating and changing their tv and broadband services for the past 6 months...
    Would call them. Maybe you should ask neighbours who have it first, I know there seem to be areas where it is perfect and areas where the broadband can be quite awful....

I have their broadband, and I can go for months with no hiccups, but then it can just go for a few days on end. And their support staff know sweet f*ck all about the internet or computers (I had one ask me to clarify what an underscore was!). However for my area their contention ratio is the best around.

If the guy was foreign it's just possible that he didnt learn numerous english words for punctuation. Hence his lack of knowledge on the underscore. It doesn't travel well, the old underscore.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If the guy was foreign it's just possible that he didnt learn numerous english words for punctuation. Hence his lack of knowledge on the underscore. It doesn't travel well, the old underscore.

eh?

• Advertisement

Was just saying. The guy may have not had English as a first language. The underscore is an obscure enough word to learn and recognise to someone who would need to hear that in a lesson.

It was a girl from Limerick :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

as others have said NTL & Chorus are the same company. dont get their broadband though. over december it was down all month (problem at their end) and then again last month is was down for four days (doing work in the area according to my pal still on em) though i'd swapped by then so wasnt effected

when the missus went the cancel they made it very awkward and had her on hold for 12 minutes in the hope she'd hang up .... assholes

Advertisement