Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paid my VRT a few months back - however need a log book now to tax

Options
  • 02-04-2007 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

How you doing lads

A few months ago I paid my VRT on my card to get an Irish reg, all well and good. However I got side tracked and never went into the tax office, so I have a insurance cert now and an irish reg yet no Logbook and I need to tax the car

As far as I know, I need to get the logbook of the tax office right?

If so what form do I fill out, will they give me tax without an NCT? I heard they give you 3 months, but does that include the 3months back taxes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The logbook is only sent after you tax the car. You can tax the car with the form RF100 you got when you paid the VRT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

If there is no RF100, then you can tax it on the internet using the last 6 characters of the chassis number for the password. Then the send out the tax followed by the registration cert a few days later.

Advertisement