Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the UCD Ball on this year?

• 02-04-2007 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

.......just that I've heard absolutely nothing about it and if it is on something would need to be announced very soon with the end of the year upon us :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

yeah its supposed to be on in Leopardstown. Thats really all I know. That and Republic of Loose or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I thought it was on campus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I've heard its cancelled but I've also heard that it was going to be moved to an external venue to minimise chances of loss.

And don't worry about lateness, there really ain't been that many events publicised hugely ages in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Lol now if I recall correctly the Freshers Ball was held off campus to minimize losses and when questioned Holly said that there was no chance of the UCD ball being off campus....

Ah why am I surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Bleagh, go to the Trinity Ball I reckon. Even if the freshers ball is on it'll be the same old crap again - Corona, The Blizzards, Director, Republic of Loose ad nauseum. Roll on a new regime for quinlivan I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I want him to bring Duke Special to UCD... I LOVE DUKE SPECIAL!

But anyway. Ya if I hear anything I'll post it but then again any scandel I hear isn't really of the posting type... (plus Dajaffa might get back at me somehow!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Yes it's about time that a few mediocre bands were dropped from the ucd cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭GusherING

gubbie wrote:
    I've heard its cancelled but I've also heard that it was going to be moved to an external venue to minimise chances of loss.

And don't worry about lateness, there really ain't been that many events publicised hugely ages in advance

quelle suprise! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

There is a poster advertising it in the Students Union Corridor. Its on in early April (it was a teen date eg, 11,12,13 etc.)
    Dejaffa was in the corridor earlier, maybe she saw it?

There is a poster advertising it in the Students Union Corridor. Its on in early April (it was a teen date eg, 11,12,13 etc.)

perhaps they should put one more up on the concourse or something. Just so someone else might see it. ??

just a thought :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Not ringing any bells and I've heard nothing at all.

+ Learn to spell my name!

The UCD Ball is not going to happen this year. That's confirmed.

how do you know this?

Gary Redmond told me that it isn't happening this year Graham. He was pretty emphatic about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Chakar wrote:
    Apparently the UCD Ball is not going to happen this year. That's confirmed.

Supposedly your sentence doesn't make any sense. Fact.

Its Grimes and I havnt spoken to Gary in about a week or so and im not down with the SU 411 nor do I care. I was just wondering is it official and why not?

The promotion company pulled out of supporting the UCD Ball. So presumably the Union doesn't have the money to absorb a potential loss incurred from the Ball. Anyway we'll probably read about it in the papers next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

my god how long how you been posting here chakar?

read the fecking stickies.

edit - actually, this thread will unfortunately have to locked until someone confirms the promoters have pulled out. PM me or Hulla.

EDIT - Thread re-open as the promoters have pulled out according to the college papers. Please refrain from discussing the actions of said promoters.

Advertisement