Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] €400 Xbox 360 Bundle - Details Please?

• 02-04-2007 2:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Heard an ad, on 2fm, for a new Xtravision Xbox 360 bundle offer. I can't remember all the details - just that it is the Premium Pack and includes:

- Project Gotham Racing 3
    - Crackdown
    - Gears Of War

... and the price is €400.

Can anyone else fill in the blanks? I'm certain there is more included in the deal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

all you said and a play and charge kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

You get a play and charge kit as well. I think its a premium bundle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Premium Bunble with play and charge kit.
    All the above games and I think one or two more thrown in aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

damn it I just bought an Xbox 360 with GoW and Crackdown in GAME for €425

oh well ....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wicknight wrote:

oh well ....

Refund!! You don't like it!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Wicknight wrote:

oh well ....

Ouch..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thats why I stopped buying from GAME s few years ago, they always charge more than anywhere else.

The XtraVision deal is the best going right now. Your getting €100 worth of games for free plus the PandC kit which is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

I wouldnt be rushing to buy a new console in Xtravision. If there is a fault with it after 28 days - they wont look at it. You will have to send it back to MS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

mickg007 wrote:
    I wouldnt be rushing to buy a new console in Xtravision. If there is a fault with it after 28 days - they wont look at it. You will have to send it back to MS
    Really? I wonder what the Sale Of Goods and Supply of Services Act has to say about that?

If this is the case, I guess (if getting one) get somewhere other than Xtravision to price match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

mickg007 wrote:
    Not So ... See this other thread in the forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055073208
    Makavelli wrote:
    You are entitled by law to a repair, replacement or refund from the shop if the product is faulty up to six years after purchase.
    ... [snip] ...
    If you ring the ODCA they'll tell you it's six years and she told me to quote them. I suppose if you're in the shop and they're refusing to comply you could ring the ODCA there and then and get them to speak with the manager.

If you buy something in the shop you may have a 28-day returns guarantee that you can return it for whatever reason. (this is an extra)

If you buy something and it is not up to the job for which it was sold, with reasonable usage, then you are entitled to a replacement. (this is the law)

Not sure about the 6 years mentioned above, but it's definitely for longer than 28 days.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/consumer-affairs/consumer-protection/consumer-rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland/

Under this Act the purchaser of goods has a number of rights - the main ones are

Goods must be of merchantable quality – goods should be of reasonable quality taking into account what they are meant to do, their durability and their price
    Goods must be fit for their purpose – they must do what they are reasonably expected to do
    Goods must be as described - the buyer must not be mislead into buying something by the description of goods or services given orally by a salesperson or an advertisement.

If things go Wrong
    If you have a problem with an item that you have bought it is always the seller who should put things right. As a general rule, the seller can either repair or replace the item. Alternatively, they can refund the costs of the item or service to the consumer.

If you are not satisfied with the quality of goods or services you can:

Return the goods to the supplier who sold it to you (you should not return the goods to the manufacturer)
    Act as soon as you can – a delay can indicate that you have accepted faulty goods or services
    Do not attempt to repair the item yourself or give it to anyone else to repair it
    Make sure that you have a proof of purchase (a receipt, cheque stub, credit card statement or invoice)

• Advertisement

Nope,its true...28 days to get a replacement if anything goes wrong. After 28 days the store still has to deal with the problem,but they send it off for repair (they might tell you to send it off yourself but legally they have to deal with the issue so they have to send it off). This does not affect your statutory rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

is this the best deal around lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Trilla wrote:
    is this the best deal around lads?

It is indeed, the closest is Smyths. 360 with GoW and WWE/RAW for €399.

The XtraVision deal is the best. You save €135 by getting that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It is indeed, the closest is Smyths. 360 with GoW and WWE/RAW for €399.

The XtraVision deal is the best. You save €135 by getting that.
    thanks, not as good as the 4 game deal with the 2nd controller but I'll go for it. Role on Halo 3 in Autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Good deal
    Might get it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Went to get this pack in Xtra-Games in the square this morning. They only had PES6 xbox bundles in so I got PES6 for free aswell :D . Also it only came to €395.

Could see about 6 more PES6 360 bundles left.

A lot of stores seem to have excess stock of the world cup core bundle. So the offer is the core console with the world cup game,crackdown,PGR,Gears of War and a Play and charge kit for 299euro. Then just buy a hard drive for 99.99 and it works out the same as the premium bundle but you actually get an extra game!

Annoying enough to have the hdd beside it tho, in a confined space i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Gamestop also have an offer where an xbox360 premium plus 2 pre owned games for 360 euro.

or they have the same one as smiths with the xbox premium GoW, Smackdown vs Raw 2007 and play and charge kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I just saw in an Xtra Vision booklet thingy that they are doing :

Premium 360, Crackdown, GoW, PGR3 and Play+Charge for €399.99.

While stock lasts though, Also had Donnie Darko for 3.99 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Kanney wrote:
    Annoying enough to have the hdd beside it tho, in a confined space i guess.

It just clips on the top, same as the premium.

You were probably thinkin of the HD player

Xbox-360-HD-DVD-250_246244g_28505.jpg

You're right, I was actually looking at this. I hope this bundle stays till the summer, it is the best no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Does anyone know if xtravision take trade ins vs special offers?

Is it only games or do they take in consoles?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Does anyone know if xtravision take trade ins vs special offers?

Is it only games or do they take in consoles?

kdjac

You can trade in games against anything even if it is a special bundle offer. But they don't take in consoles anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got the 360 with PES6 and other 3 games today for 321 in total.

Good deal tbh

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

KdjaCL wrote:
    Got the 360 with PES6 and other 3 games today for 321 in total.

Good deal tbh

kdjac

How any games did you have to trade in for that? Were they recent enough games? Was this the Tallaght branch? I assume that is a premium model?

Are Xtravision right when they say that they are the best for trade ins? Gamestop and Game in my opinion have been terrible, I only do it for store credit.

Kanney wrote:
    Are Xtravision right when they say that they are the best for trade ins? Gamestop and Game in my opinion have been terrible, I only do it for store credit.

Yes...and if you find a better trade in price elsewhere they will meet it.

• Advertisement

How any games did you have to trade in for that? Were they recent enough games? Was this the Tallaght branch? I assume that is a premium model?

NO way was the premium that cheap. With all those games. Unless the person traded aload of games and stuff in with it!

Advertisement