Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To all Pro tools user

Options
  • 02-04-2007 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi guys,

my pro tools behave illogically lately.....already consult the digidesign support archive and all the possible forum....sent an email to the tech support(still no reply yet).....

My problem:

When a try to record at 512 sample after 1 min or so arrive this error:

The operating system held off has interrupt for too long.Try to increase the Hw buffer size from setup -6086.

If i increase to 1024 or 2048 ........the latency monster arrive........

Someone got a solution?

My system:

windows Xp

2 HHD internal 320 GB external USB 250GB

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6400

Mbox2

2GB Ram

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Turn off any anti-virus, any start up programs, any unnecessary services. Also, defragment your hard drives, very important, download a trial version of Perfectdisk and if you can and if possible use a different hard drive to record your audio to than the one Windows is installed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ungratefuldead

Thanks man,

i already use a different hard drive just for pro tools session.....

antivirus is always off.......i use some plug in such amplitube2 and guitar rig.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Then defrag, it is often the difference between success and failure on Windows based systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ungratefuldead

will try let you know after.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

also make sure you've no active internet connection,
    apparently using a powered usb hub also helps this issue.I've had nothing but grief using pro-toools on xp,

• Advertisement
Advertisement