Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold question!

Options
  • 02-04-2007 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hello!

I got a scaffold piercing 4 days ago and I realise that I'm probably just worrying myself for nothing but yesterday it became hot and throbby. It looks perfect though and it's not infected looking. I realise that it's only brand new but is it supposed to get like that? I've been really good washing it and keeping my mits off it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Should be ok but since you sleep on it, it will inflame,
    Go to a health store and buy some arnica to help with the healing if you are worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I still get the same problem with mine all the time, actually!
    Yeah, try not to sleep on it and just keep up the cleaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

I'll just stick me own question in here then: I love scaffolds, definitely my favourite ear piercing, but I also hear it's the most painful since it goes through cartilage or somesuch. Could anyone give me a pain comparison to say, a nipple or a PA? since I've had those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I couldn't REALLY compare it to a nipple piercing, piercing through cartilage is a different experience from nipples (skin). It's a slower process and it's more a sharp burny pain. But if you've had nipples and a PA done I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't bother you :)

Yeah. And whoever said PAs are completely painless - may their balls turn square and rot at the corners. Cheers bro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

nipples stung alot more than any other piercing ive had. pain in the arse to heal also, shoulda got em pierced at 1.6 instead of 2.4 :)

Do you have a scaffold too Wilburt? Would you say the nipple was worse? Thanks.

To be honest, men are pussies when it comes to nipple piercings. One of my friends was in bits afterwards. Mine was grand. The worst piercing I've had pain wise was my nostril. The scaffold is sore too, mainly cos of cartilage, but nothing much to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dashticle: i have a deep cartilage piercing in my rook, wasnt painful, slight pinch

fantasy....you are so mancore huh :p well ladies generally tend to have larger nipples so it should be easier. us men have teeny tiny lil things. i still stand by me comment that nipples hurt most for me, everyone is different though

Thanks wilburt. Just one of my friends who has a good few piercings says that his scaffold was by far the most painful and still troubles him now. But he might have got it at the same ropey ass place I got my nipple done, which would explain things.

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote:
    dashticle: i have a deep cartilage piercing in my rook, wasnt painful, slight pinch

fantasy....you are so mancore huh :p well ladies generally tend to have larger nipples so it should be easier. us men have teeny tiny lil things. i still stand by me comment that nipples hurt most for me, everyone is different though

In general tho, it seems men have a lower pain threshold and all that jazz. (Hence why we were chosen for childbirth etc etc :p )

Advertisement