Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wow! Ian Anderson + Orchestra - Locomotive Breath!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Karl,,,
    .........yehah good stuff...luv Tull..great band..and Anderson with an Orchestra deffo works,,,man is a genius , lots of the stuff he's brought out over last 35 years or so,,has been real top notch...great thing about Tull,,is they do everything...ya cant pigeon hole them under any one style...theres something for everyone in their music...great band...great musicians

nice one amigo...Baggio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, genius stuff, but I've still not gotten around to getting any of their CDs, I'm afraid to say.

yeah i get ya...problem is - where do ya start!!!?..hhahah sooo many albums and sooo much good stuff,,and yet soo many different styles....as an opening salvo Id suggest these 3? "Crest Of Knave" , *thats the album that won them best hard rock/metal band in the grammies ahead of Metallica and co hahah* - "Aqualung" , and maybe "Minstrell In The Gallery"...

up to you but their 3 great albums.

ciao' amigo...Baggio...

I've always thought Aqualung was the one to start with, so I'll nab that whenever I get the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm a big Thick as a Brick fan personally.

And that vid is class.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Get the "30 years of" box set. It was only 20 when I bought it! :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_Years_of_Jethro_Tull

Thick as a Brick 1978

Mike.

Score! Found Aqualung in HMV today for €7.99! :D

Oh yes baby.

I found the Jethro Tull Discography on Torrentspy today for €0! :D

</cynicism>

You wouldn't be advocating illegal activity on boards now would you, JC 2k3?

Yes, but I don't believe advocating it is a problem. Discussion of how to acquire illegal material, yes. But not advocating it.

• Advertisement

Karl,
    ...glad ya like Aqualung...is a seminal album for sure...when i was a weee lad about 100 years ago in UK...certain albums..even that time were *must have's* in any rockers collection....wonder what the *must haves* would be today???...that time each of those bands had seminal albums ..bands like led zep, queen, purple, hawkwind,sabbath, BOC, Gentle Giant, Zappa, rush 2112, Thin Lizzy, ACDC,Jethro Tull - Aqualung .....they were all must haves..Genesis too,,,,if ya hadnt any of those or even most of em...you were unworthy!!..lol...........the newer metal bands coming out that time were all interesting...Maiden, Saxon, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Scorpions,...have to say I found all those *new metal* bands of the 70's/80's far more enjoyable than the new metal these days...those bands then were far more musical...and varied their sound a lot more...overall..apart from Motorhead!!! :D

roll on the Aqualung :)

ciao' amigo...Baggio....

Advertisement