Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posh Hair Salon in Dublin?

• 02-04-2007 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm thinking of getting my mum a fancy hair cut for her birthday. She's had the same hair style for about 15 years and I think she would like a change. I'd like to bring her somewhere quite posh. She wouldn't want anything too funky as she's in her fifties. Is there any famous hair dressers in Dublin I could bring her to?
    I'm willing to spend a good bit of money on this btw.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

L'Avenue is a hairdressers and beauty salon and they're pretty up market. I know there is one in the Westend Park in Blanchardstown, but a google search did not bring fruition to any other branches in Dublin, although I do know there is one in the City Centre, possibly around Nassau St/Grafton St...

Another possibility is the lovely Thomas Kendall hair salon in Castleknock Village, Dublin 15. It looks pretty nice from the outside and is even nicer when you go in. Can't say much for the hair stylists as was just in for a quick cut of my friend who was an apprentice there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

L'Avenue in Blanch seems a bit ordinary imo!

Salon Zeba on St William St is a bit deadly though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Zeba (wife works there so maybe I'm biased :D) or Dylan Bradshaw.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

whetstone on parliement, only use aveda products and they do your make-up for free before you leave, they open until 8pm every night, would highly recommend them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I really liked Zeba, the one time that I had enough money to afford to get my hair done there! The staff were nice and really good at what they did, and the place itself is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

House of Colour on Wellington Quay just beside Merchants arch is a great salon.

Lovely, experienced staff that I completely trust. You get a head massage with your shampoo and they have an area to do it with candles and relaxing music. There's lil flat screen tvs everywhere and you get complimentary wine, OJ and hot chocolate with mint chocolates too :) and a lil goodie bag with samples at the end! My heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Posh and pricey does not mean good.
    If you were willing to look outside of Dublin there is diffussion in Drogheda run by Aisling (iirc) and she won the hairstylist of the year last year I think and was 6th in the world or so. The most you will spend with her for cut, colour and whatever else ladies have done is about €90!

Advertisement