Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Hardcore for Patio

Options
  • 02-04-2007 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi all,

Has anyone gotten Hardcore delivered for building a Pation before? If so from where, Roadstone, Builders Providers???

Also, what kind of sand did you use for the level under the bricks? Where did you get this from?

Sorry for the ignorance here :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭casey jones

Roadstone deliver all this
    http://www.roadstone.ie/

This site gives you all the info you'll need. http://www.pavingexpert.com/home.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi CarrickD

Just finished my shed which required 2 ton of hardcore 1/2 ton sand and 1/2 small stones.

Small deliveries Just outside Navan. I think the harcore was 30 per Ton with Bag. Sand was 20 1/2 ton with bag. Stones were 60 1/2 with bag.

I also bough some patio slabs for around the shed. The sand they delivered was course sand you could see the grains.

regards
    Garyh3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 CarrickD

Cheers Casey,

I asked a guy in Roadstone about Hardcore for a Brick Patio job and he didn't appear to know exactly what I needed. I wonder did I get talking to the wrong person or is there another name for this material that they may be used to?

Cheers as well Gary,

Thought it would cost more, was this including delivery, i wonder.

Just out of ineterest, what did you need the small stones for? gravel area?

Hi CarrickD

Yep that was inc del next day.

What I did as I was buying a shed and greenhouse and the fact that my garden slopes away from the house was:

I bought
    5 had cut sand stone slabs 600* 600 10 each
    40 400*400 pre-case slabs 3 euro each

Shed - Build a frame using 2x4 pressure treated wood The frame was 14' by 12' as the shed was 8x10. This gave me about 2' all the way around the shed. Put 2 ton on Hardcore and level for the shed. Then when the shed was put down on Hardcore I put the sandstone slabs at the front of the shed and then put small 400*400 pre-caset slabs all the away around leaving about 1 1/2' beween each 400 slab then filled the gaps with the stones.

Greenouse - Inside put 8 400*400 slabs down middle and then with the rest of the small stones put that down either side.

The rest of the small 400 slabs and sand I put down as stepping stones from the decking to the Greenhouse and shed.

Will take pics and post

Garyh3

As promised Shed and Greenhouse Pics

Garyh3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

garyh3 wrote:
    As promised Shed and Greenhouse Pics

Garyh3

Tasty work.

Thanks Irish

Well worth the effort in preparing the ground before putting a shed down.

Garyh3

Advertisement