Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pardon me if these are dumb questions but.....

Options
  • 02-04-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

In this Ad:
    http://www.micksgarage.ie/proddetails.aspx?prodid=94373&prodkey=6A6DB147-0A56-482E-8FB4-2E212DF05846

(a) Are they saying the wiring kit (for indicators, brakes etc.) is included for the quoted price ?
    (b) Is this site reputable/ good to deal with
    (c) Is this towbar suitable for pulling car trailer with ride-on lawn mower ?
    (d) How much should I expect to pay a garage to fit it ?

Any other tips ? (try dismantlers perhaps ?.... Cork city/ Ballincollig area)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

It can tow 1600kg so a rideon lawnmower should be ok. I have ordered from these before and received the delivery next day, no problems with parts either. As for other questions, couldn't tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

they are reputable thats all I can answer of your questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Zwartsj

ChewyLuey wrote:
    In this Ad:
    http://www.micksgarage.ie/proddetails.aspx?prodid=94373&prodkey=6A6DB147-0A56-482E-8FB4-2E212DF05846

(a) Are they saying the wiring kit (for indicators, brakes etc.) is included for the quoted price ?
    (b) Is this site reputable/ good to deal with
    (c) Is this towbar suitable for pulling car trailer with ride-on lawn mower ?
    (d) How much should I expect to pay a garage to fit it ?

Any other tips ? (try dismantlers perhaps ?.... Cork city/ Ballincollig area)

Cheers

(A) You don’t get a wiring kit with the tow bar you have to buy it extra.
    (B) i will highly recommend them have done business with them more than once
    (C) Tow bar will pull that no problems will the Volvo is the real question :p
    (D) To get some one to fit it the average quote was around €160 to fit so I ended up doing it my self its a pretty easy thing to fit. Looking at about 1h’s work. Most time consuming part is to remove the bumper of the car.

allot of places would not fit it for me as they only do supply and fit don’t really want to do a fit only.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

a) yes it was included when i bought one for a focus
    b) yes, excellent service on the 3 or 4 times i've dealt with them
    c) yes, it is suitable for towing up to your manufacturers reccomendations which are between 1200 and 1400kgs depending on which model s40 you have
    d)hard to call, varies from car to car depends on how easy it is to take off the bumper etc.

buy a new one, not worth the hassle of getting one from a breakers, hard to wrong at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

Zwartsj wrote:
    (C) Tow bar will pull that no problems will the Volvo is the real question :p

Don't talk to me. Apparently 122bhp and the thing hardly moves :( Maybe she will surprise me with towing power. :D

Thanks for all the very helpful replies here everyone. Know what direction to go in now.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement