Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alignment on wheels?Help

Options
  • 02-04-2007 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

In the last week I've gone from 15" to 17"alloys and 195 to 215s. I went to have tracking done on them and they lined them up but said they didn't need any adjusting as they were spot on but I notice a pull to the left which is making it harder to drive. Is this because of the new tyres or the fact that they're much wider on the road now? Is it normal to pull to the left like that? ... the left obviously being where the "slight" dip is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

If the pull is very slight then perhaps they did not balance the wheel while they were tracking the alignment. If the pull is quite strong, you may have damaged the wheel mount putting on the tyres, but I can't imagine that happening. Maybe they made a mistake with the realigning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Don't think theres any damage there.. at least there better not be after spending so much on them. They didn't actually do the alginment as they checked it and said it didn't need adjusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Since they did check it, they would presumably be liable if the alignment is indeed wrong. Ask again if possible, telling them the fault. If they check it again and you can see it's ok, then you can check other causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I might bring it to advance pitstop to see what they think. Thanks

Advertisement