Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psu Problems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

I'd say it would be fine just don't do much torture testing or anything, the way I understand it is that you shouldn't really use a PSU's wattage to the max it's better to have a PSU's half way point wattage rating as the nominal point for operation of the computer.
    Don't forget the efficiency rating which offsets the wattage rating on the front aswell. For your purpose of just seeing if it works I'd say it should be ok.

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

What make of PSU? 400W sounds a little low for that system, If your PSU didn't work with another rig, I'd say its fair to assume its gone to the big hardware store in the sky. Send it back and get a replacement.

Remember, Seasonic and Tagan.

Advertisement