Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs bad skin

Options
  • 02-04-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

My 2 year old rottweiller has areas around his head and neck area where he has dry hard skin, This is like eczema or something like that-Its not visible but can be felt while petting his head-Anyone have any advice on skin care for my dog-He's well fed and i brush him regularly, also i have a lab and she has no issues. they are also well sheltered so this is not a problem..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

One word:

VET

Go and see one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

Dogs can get dandruff, that might be what it is. They can get that if they are stressed or because of their food.
    Did you go to see a vet?
    Annika

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What brand of food is he fed on and has the vet ruled out anything like flea allergy etc.

If you haven't seen a vet take a visit and mabey they can suggest a brand of dog food to suit him. Burns is a good one I swear by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Got to vet-He's fine, No flee's etc.. told to try different food-i was using Madra and am now using Pedro gold-He loves it, so for now its wait and see! Vet was not worried in the slightest as its very small and has not spread-he does not scratch either-it was something we would have but not go the doctor over!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement