Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X360 Problem??

• 02-04-2007 11:57am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

Bought a brand spanking new 360 2 weeks ago!! Got a few games and have to say I am loving having the machine!! I have a small problem though.
    I have RGR3 and when I play it on career mode all is well. However if I play a 2player on the same machine it crashes a good bit with a "The disc is unreadable" or similar error!!
    The disc is in perfect condition but on some of the music tracks they skip a lot even in 1 player!!

Is this a problem with the 360??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

sounds like it's more likely to be the disc. To identify the cause, you should either try to play the game in another box, or bring the game back and switch it for another copy - if the problem persists it's probably the box, but I'd start off by assuming it's the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

My 360 failed too with a similar problem and the ring of light lit up like a christmas tree. I logged it directly with microsoft, phone 1 800 509 186 and they will have DHL pick your one up and replace it with a new one. be sure and dont give then your hard drive/memory unit or you'll never see it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

TBH: The disc is in perfect condition. It happend me once on Sonic asell but I haven't played it since so I don't know if it happening on that!!

Its a bit odd that these things are happening only 2 weeks into owning the console!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

jonny24ie wrote:
    TBH: The disc is in perfect condition. It happend me once on Sonic asell but I haven't played it since so I don't know if it happening on that!!

Its a bit odd that these things are happening only 2 weeks into owning the console!!

yeah, sounds like it could be the box so. It's a bitch, but this forum has a fair few similar stories, it looks like these boxes were faulty from the get-go rather than broke down after only two weeks. It's still under warranty so the best thing to do is give m/s a ring and take it from there - sorry you were unlucky dude, just one of those things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grand, I will have to ring MS then!! Dam it!! I will let you know how I get on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Bring it back to the shop and get it replaced. Faster than dealing with MS and you're fully entitled to a replacement or refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Yeah, if its only two weeks old bring it back to the shop and dont listen to them if they tell you to contact Micro$oft. You are entitled to a replacement under law. Let us know how you get on.

I will have a few games of it tonight and see if it continues!! If it does then I will bring it back towards the weekend!!

Advertisement