Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

possible to thin out hair while keeping same length?

• 02-04-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

hi all

Right im going to spain in a week and i want to get a haircut before that just to lighten it up a bit on the top while still keeping the same length and shape on top.Its about 3 or four cm's on top .

I like the way it looks now but i want to get the sides and back cut a bit neater.so if i ask him to thin it out on top will he make it shorter or should i tell him not to touch it because i dont want it any shorter.

oh and to make it clearer i will be getting a 1 at the sides and back but it will be blended in with a 2 as it goes further up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

theres a little scissors that my barber uses which could only be described as being like crocodile teeth. it keeps the length but thins out the hair. oh and the place is urban stuy beside central bank in case your wondering. he gives a good hair cut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

oh yeah i know the one you mean ,it kinda pulls at the hair when its cutting. i might insist that he use that device!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

you can buy a blade in Boots that thins the hair it's around a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

oh right does it work?

So is it possible for a hairdresser to thin out hair while keeping the same length and would it style up differently with gel if it was lighter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Yeah I've bought the blade in Boots as I have really thick hair (and it's long). The trick is to thin it out from underneath so as not to damage the hair on the outside and also thin it out at the ends moreso. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement