Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much - garage conversion

Options
  • 02-04-2007 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Standard 4 bed semi-d house with garage. Roughly speaking, how much would it cost to convert into room.

Remove garage door, build up wall, fit pvc window, stud walls.

is is likely to cost 5, 10, 15k????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

Hi,

Should cost between 6 and 8 grand. Just finished one 2weeks ago. Another happy customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kevodaly

I'm in the middle of converting my garage.

I need to raise the floor about 3 or 4 inches to match the rest of the house. Is a suspended floor better than just filling with concrete ? There are some pipes and electric cables ( going to outdoor oil boiler ) which will be under the floor - so would a suspended floor be the better choice so to have access to those pipes in the case of any problems ?

I can't see how its going to cost 6 - 8k ? Does that price include raising the floor, installing wall sockets, lighting, radiator, plastering/hard walling and all materials ? How long does it take you to complete the job ?

Advertisement