Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live MTU failure

• 02-04-2007 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just bought a new Wireless adaptor for my 360, and upon trying to connect to Live, get an MTU failure message. I've checked the MTU size on my router (a Billon 7202g) and it's set at 1492 - well above the minimum size required.
    My router has a firewall facility, but the only thing I can see to turn it off is 'Instrusion detection'.
    I've read that UDP port 3074 needs to be open, but my router expects a destination IP address along with the port number - I presume I must assign a static IP address to the 360 for this to work. Before I start mucking about with this, does anybody have any other thoughts/suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Xbox live is apparently down at the moment for maintenance!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moussdog

Xbox live was working for me today but the only time I have ever had an MTU failure was when I was told live was down for maintenance last Tuesday so I am guessing they are related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Live is up and running.

http://www.xbox.com/en-ie/support/

Top right of page.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Makaveli wrote:
    Live is up and running.

http://www.xbox.com/en-ie/support/

Top right of page.

That was there but I was onto them on the phone at the same time and there was a recorded message about it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Great, thanks for the replies guys. Presume service is still down as MTU failure hasn't gone away. Am I right in thinking you need a Gold subscription to play head-to-head against other players etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

That would be correct, Darwin. The Gold Membership is worth every YoYo in my opinion.

Advertisement