Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pump won't shut off

Options
  • 02-04-2007 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have an apartment with a water pump in the hotpress. My understanding of these devices, is that when you turn the tap on, the pressure in the pipe drops, and the pump kicks in. How it knows when to shut off, I don't know.

The other day, I used the shower, and everything was fine, however I noticed afterwards, that the pump was still working away. Usually this would indicate that I haven't turned a tap off properly, but I checked all the taps in the apartment, and it's still going. Eventually I had to switch it off at the mains.

As it stands now, I switch it on at the mains when I need pressure. Still, if I switch it on, with no taps running, it starts pumping straight away.

Anyone any ideas??

Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Mine does the same after a shower, but never happens when the sink is in use.
    It appears to me that the pressure sensor has become desensitised and isn't detecting the increase in pipe pressue once the shower has stopped.

Anyhow, yours sounds broken. If the apartment is less than 3 years old, I'd get onto the apartment management company and ask whether the pump has a warranty, and try get a service/replacement via that route.

Advertisement