Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN setup Eircom Plug and Play

Options
  • 02-04-2007 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

A friend of mine has got an eircom plug and play ISDN router from his work.
    He has now moved from cork to north donegal and is wondering if it will still work at his house as there is no broadband (an very little chance of getting it)

The router is an Eircom Plug and Play (Siemens S1680-K1200 model)

1 Would an ISDN modem work on a normal phone line??
    2 Do i need to set up an account with and ISDN ISP??
    3 To set up the router do i need drivers or will it work by connect in the network cable and setting up a network connection??

any information would be very useful

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

For starters you'd need an ISDN line not a standard PSTN line, you'd also need a ISP that supports ISDN speeds..eircom is their stilling selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

Well that rules out all other questions
    Had been looking around the net but could not get a definite answer anywhere

Looks kike eircom still provide it
    Eircom Line Summary

There are a few people in the area looking for broadband so will have to give them the bad news

Cheers again

Advertisement