Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord

Options
  • 02-04-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I have been looking up these cars and the smallest engine is the 2.0 which is great :).

Every site I get reviews from they praise this car for many reasons. I am going for the 04 --> model and going for the 2.0i.

Does anyway know the difference between the “Sport” and the “SR”. They are both 152 BHP so I am unsure what the difference is. What does the SR stand for?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

In nearly every car the word "sport" only adds on some chrome or a spoiler or something. I can't think of any car off the top of my head where the word sport equalls more power. (Apart from T-sport!).
    If you look up the specs from Honda.ie you'll see the difference. It'll just mean a few bits and bobs on the extra's list.
    Excellent car by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

logik wrote:
    Guys,

I have been looking up these cars and the smallest engine is the 2.0 which is great :).

Every site I get reviews from they praise this car for many reasons. I am going for the 04 --> model and going for the 2.0i.

Does anyway know the difference between the “Sport” and the “SR”. They are both 152 BHP so I am unsure what the difference is. What does the SR stand for?

Cheers.

I think that "Sport" often refers to the trim level (lower suspension, bigger wheels, sport seats, different dash trim etc), rather than the engine output.

Go to www.honda.ie and you can see the specs for both models, and see what the differences are. SR seems to be the base spec in this case, and the "Sport" appears to be a 2.2 diesel. There's a "Type-S" petrol model which could be the one you're looking at. Unless the models have changes since then.

A friend of mine drives his as a company car, and it's a lovely car to drive - very nippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

My ould fella has the 2.2 iCTDI, lovely machine. The 2.2 diesel only comes in Executive trim level, i.e. has all the toys and leather as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

logik wrote:
    Guys,

Cheers.

The Accord was available in a few different trim models: SE, SR, Sport, Type S and Executive.

The S/R has electric windows, alloy wheels, electric mirrors, climate control and an electric sunroof.

The Sport I think adds cruise control, half leather seats, red sporty instrument dials but no sunroof.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

eoin_s wrote:
    I think that "Sport" often refers to the trim level (lower suspension, bigger wheels, sport seats, different dash trim etc), rather than the engine output.

Go to www.honda.ie and you can see the specs for both models, and see what the differences are. SR seems to be the base spec in this case, and the "Sport" appears to be a 2.2 diesel. There's a "Type-S" petrol model which could be the one you're looking at. Unless the models have changes since then.

A friend of mine drives his as a company car, and it's a lovely car to drive - very nippy.

The Accord model line up was revised in 2006 when the car got a subtle facelift. The basic SE was dropped making the SR the new base model and the Sport model was replaced by the Type S. The Executive model remains too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

ive been looking at these cars too.

See here for a review
    http://uk.cars.yahoo.com//07032006/45/honda-accord-2-2-ctdi-sport-10.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Stephen wrote:
    My ould fella has the 2.2 iCTDI, lovely machine. The 2.2 diesel only comes in Executive trim level, i.e. has all the toys and leather as standard.
    That used be true until a couple of months ago... now it's also available in "sport" spec, which brings the list price to €38,700 or something similar.
    Thats an excellent engine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I have a Mondeo TDI atm but i miss the extra lift with the Petrol. So i am looking for the 2.0i. Thanks for the info guys.

Advertisement