Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Laughs 2007

• 02-04-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heard anything about who's going to be at the Cat Laughs festival this year? They're due to officially announce it this month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Stephen wrote:
    Anyone heard anything about who's going to be at the Cat Laughs festival this year? They're due to officially announce it this month.

It's the june bank holiday....Yep, just checkin. prob be less americans again
    this year. Can't see a big name (s) headlining this year.

Remember when they had Bill Murray,Norm (Cheers) and..... who else?

http://www.thecatlaughs.com/2007.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got to meet Bill Murray that year - I was about 12 at the time, and he couldn't pronounce my name! Now where is that autograph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The 2005 line up was very good I thought. I saw Bill Bailey, Tommy Tiernan, Dylan Moran, Omid Djalili, Adam Hills and a few others that year. Last year wasn't so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Weird, I was just thinking about this at the weekend!
    The tourists are flocking back to KK I notice too already..They're everywhere again.

Nightwish wrote:
    I got to meet Bill Murray that year - I was about 12 at the time, and he couldn't pronounce my name! Now where is that autograph?

I was workin for the cat laughs that year, met the murray brothers (3) in the watergate green room, Bill signed my copy of "Groundhog Day" and "Ghostbusters" Videos. Still have them.......Must try ebay.:p

"Nightwish" that's easy to pronounce. (Ha).

• Advertisement

I met him and 1 of his brothers in the Watergate green room too. And it was the Irish he couldnt get his head around so he settled for Enya. He was really nice, and I was so starstruck. Me and my idiot friends stalked Ardal O Hanlon that year too, as the Fr Ted craze was peaking.

Last year wasnt great, and I happened to be away in London, but I got home in time to see Rich Hall who had laryngitis and Des Bishop.

Nightwish wrote:
    I met him and 1 of his brothers in the Watergate green room too. And it was the Irish he couldnt get his head around so he settled for Enya. He was really nice, and I was so starstruck. Me and my idiot friends stalked Ardal O Hanlon that year too, as the Fr Ted craze was peaking.

Last year wasnt great, and I happened to be away in London, but I got home in time to see Rich Hall who had laryngitis and Des Bishop.

If des comes this year i hope he has new material. if i have to hear the one about setanta again i'll egg em!

Rich Hall is F***in Brilliant, although he's repeating himself too.

He's the only one that's been there every single year since it began!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I really hope Bill Bailey is back for this year.
    I wasnt able to get tickets in 2005 for him.

Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran are 2 I want to see this year. (I've recently discovered Black Books!).

• Advertisement

You should check out Bill Bailey's Part Troll DVD. One of the funniest stand up/music shows ever.

Oh yeah and Dylan Moran too, love his stuff !

Yeah I bought the Bill Bailey box set the other day, arrived yesterday, looking forward to watching them all again. I prefer Bewilderness though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Nightwish wrote:
    Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran are 2 I want to see this year. (I've recently discovered Black Books!).

Black books is the bestest ever ever ever.

I am wishing with all my heart these guys come this year.

Official site says to be annouced this month.....nothing yet though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rosie roo

I heard a rumur Paul Merton is playing KK this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Do ticketmaster control the tickets for these events?

No, they sell them via their own box office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thank god for that!

Yeah - cheaper for everyone involved! That said they do have a credit card surcharge :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

The only act I've seen confirm they are heading for Kilkenny is Dom Irrera, but then again he is there every year.
    I'm sure all the usual Irish comics will be there Ed Byrne, Jason Byrne, Colin Murphy, Neil Delemare etc.
    Would be great if Paul Merton does perform, missed him in Dublin last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Get Dara o Briain down, he's funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm from Wexford and am going to this for the first time this year.

Traditionally my only experience with Kilkenny is one of hatred when you knock us out of the hurling. I'll admitt that I'm really looking forward to it though.(this will be denied later)

Any idea when in April the announce things?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I emailed them yesterday cos I'm sick of checking the website two or three times a day. They said the lineup and schedule will be announced at the end of the month and tickets will go on sale immediately.
    Sounds like either Friday 27th April or Monday 30th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

I rang them. Tickets go on sale on Friday 27th April. On-line and by phone and in their ticket office, which is somewhere near the Courthouse?

The box office is normally what used to be the Brewery club - Brewery property to the left of the courthouse, the place with big green doors. You can't miss it.

From the website -

"The 2007 website will be live Friday 27th of April !!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Was at the launch last night

PJ Gallagher
    Paul Merton
    Tommy Tiernan
    Jason Byrne
    Ed Byrne
    Andrew Maxwell
    Karl Spain
    Neil Delamere
    David O'Doherty
    Des Bishop
    Joe Rooney
    Dara O'Briain

good few more aswell

My head is mush though - got to bed after 3am AGH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Oh, I might book Dara O Briain.... It would involve a flight from London though :(

John

Lump wrote:
    Oh, I might book Dara O Briain.... It would involve a flight from London though :(

John

Go on John, He's worth it!.........:D

• Advertisement

Yay! Andrew Maxwell! I'm definately going to see him. Going to Paul Merton, Barry Murphy and Jason Byrne too.

Advertisement