Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Laughs 2007

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

saw barry murphy last year and he was brutal, just not a good standup comedian.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I saw him 2 years ago as Gunther, and he was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I see there is no option to have the tickets posted out, you have to collect from the ticket office. What's the point of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

just rang the box ofice and Tommy Teirnan's sold out on Friday night already!
    got Saturday night ones though - tee hee....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Rang the ticket office and Tommy Tiernan tickets are selling quickly (Friday sold out)then the goodnite cats will be next to sell out

And if you pay by lazer theres no handling charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Bond-007 wrote:
    I see there is no option to have the tickets posted out, you have to collect from the ticket office. What's the point of that?

I rang the ticket office and they will post out the tickets

Bond-007 wrote:

No, they said they'll post out the tickets.

No, they said they'll post out the tickets.
    I see they fixed it now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Paul, I know he's worth it, but it involves money and getting time off work!

John

They seem to be spreading him a bit thin throughout the city for the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Lump wrote:
    Paul, I know he's worth it, but it involves money and getting time off work!

John

Ah Well, What can ya do:( Am goin too see:)

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well I'm looking into flights at the moment. I might try and convince some people from London to come, since I have access to a house. Should be good for a laugh ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Got tickets for the following:

Going to Tommy Tiernan solo gig on friday.

Saturday then is Jason Byrne, Andrew Maxwell, Nick Griffin and Fred McAuley and then on to David O'Doherty solo gig at 10.30pm

Sunday is PJ Gallagher, Joe Rooney, Jeff Caldwell and Steve Hughes.

Might get some press passes hopefully too

Oh and ALL bars have a bar extension for the weekend till 2am!!

SESSION!!

Does anyone know anything about Paul Mertons show?
    Im intrigued - it sounds a bit hit and miss though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭underworld

Hey anyone know of hostels to book for the festival heading up for sat and sun night,would they all be booked up do ya think...anyone booked up there yet?

underworld wrote:
    Hey anyone know of hostels to book for the festival heading up for sat and sun night,would they all be booked up do ya think...anyone booked up there yet?

try this website - hostelworld.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eimearb1

does anyone know of anyone selling Tommy Tiernan tickets for this years kilkenny cat laughs??they are ALL sold out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hi All,

This is not an advert and I'm aware that I'm not allowed sell things here!!!

I got too many tickets for the cats laughs this year. Does anyone here know of any local way to sell them in kilkenny or of a comedy forum where I could put them up. I'm not sure if this post is breaking the rules or not but please PM me with details.

thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Put them up on adverts.ie? Contact the box office, and while they wont refund them, they might keep your number and contact you if someone comes in looking for tickets for that particular show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Well, that's all over.

I have to say I really enjoyed most of the weekend. The comedy was really good, except for Tommy Tiernan on the Friday who was good but disappointing.

Accom lovely, pubs good but I have to say that I found most Kilkenny people less then warm during the weekend. Not outwardly rude(much) but a lot of people definitely gave off the impression that they didn't like all these people in their city and some were at pains to point out the fact that you were an outsider. A good weekend nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

What was with the venues not turning on the air con this year?

it was bloody hot! I thought it was just me for a while, but never every comic commented on how hot each venue was.

Dom Irrea - get some new material. I've been unfortunate enough to hear your same jokes for almost 7 years now. Everyone else manages new material, why cant you.

The Irish comedians were very good this year. Really enjoyed Dara O'Briain, Neil Delamare, Karl Spain, Barry Murphy and (he may as well be irish) Des Bishop.

All in all a good festival this year I thought...I even saw 6 Gardai on John Street at the same time! Must be a record.

• Advertisement
Advertisement