Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torque Internet Acquired by Callidus Broadband

Options
  • 02-04-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Sorry if this has already been posted but I just learned of it and the search on this forum isn't working for me.

from http://www.torque.ie/

(01-03-2007) Torque Internet Acquired by Callidus Broadband...

After nearly 4 years in business, with a network supporting nearly 400 clients spanning approximately 500 square kilometres, the management of Torque have decided to sell the operation to Callidus Broadband. This decision was not taken lightly and was largely due to the significant resources required to maintain a network of this magnitude, in order to deliver our customers a service of the highest quality. Resources, of which we the management, were simply not able to acquire and provide.

Callidus Broadband have an extensive network spanning from north County Dublin to the southern tips of County Waterford and separately covering most of County Clare. They have close links to the Irish Farmers Association (IFA) and I can see Callidus becoming one of the major players in the internet services market over the next few months and years.

Torque’s existing customers will be automatically and seamlessly transferred under Callidus’ care. Most should have received a letter at this stage and if not, I would encourage those customers to contact Callidus’ offices on 01-8263546.

It was our goal to bring broadband to rural Ireland and the many areas that the larger companies were simply ignoring. Despite the limited resources at our disposal, we did just that in our area of operation. Callidus Broadband and the IFA have a similar ethos and the resources to make our original goal a reality. This makes the sale of Torque a logical choice and the best choice for our customers who deserve nothing less then the best possible service.

Torque, that is John, Rick and all the team, would like to thank each and every one of our customers, friends and all those who supported us from the very beginning, for your support, business and sometimes patience over the years. It has been an enjoyable experience and again, one we thank you all for.

For more information regarding Callidus Broadband, visit their website at www.callidustelecom.ie.

Advertisement