Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading ram questions

Options
  • 02-04-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

i have this RAM at the moment (TwinMOS PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB CL2.5 KIT , w/two matched PC3200 512MB DDR DIMM's
    ) and want to get more mem- should i get rid of this and get two gig sticks for compatibility issues? or get a one gig stick to add to what i have?

which RAM would you suggest i get from Komplett, and which set up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I assume your motherboard has 4 DIMM slots if so simply get another Twinmos pack of RAM like this 1GB 2x512MB kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

fair enough but you pay 100 euros for 1 gig more when for 150 you can get 2 gigs and maybe if i'm lucky sell what i have for a few quid. basically is 2*1 gig better than 4*512?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

from what i understand they're both in a dual channel set up that is if your motherboard supports it which i'm presuming it does. I read a custompc mag around a year ago that said it didn't matter and there was no increase in speed...i'll have a look and get back to you

Advertisement