Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda rx8 192 v 231?

Options
  • 02-04-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

narrowed down my choice of next car to the following:

Saab 9-3 aero
    BMW 325i/330i sport saloon
    Mazda rx8

Now re the mazda, has anyone any idea is there much real world difference between the 192 and the 231? i know the 192 revs to 7500 instead of 9000 and has slightly more torque, does it feel much slower than the 231?

Anyone bought the 192 over the 231? why? any reviews pitting one versus the other?

its going to be quicker than my bmw323ci anyway but id rather wait on the right 231 if its much better.

btw the price of these in the uk makes the irish market for the car look a joke!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

saab - no way
    BMW - if you are narrowing down to 325i or 330i .. why not go for a 330d??! , absolutley fantastic car and blistering pace - somebody once called it a Smart Mans M3. Get a nice example with an M kit and people will be drooling.

with regard to the rx8 go for the 231 , if you want high torque you wont be looking for a rotary , thats the whole point of the engine so that it revs high and power is in the upperband .. its an oxymoron in itself if u get what i mean. If i was considering an rx8 i wouldnt even look at the 192

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

my best mate has the aero and i like it, so its there as a viable purchase!

on the bmw im a petrol fan, much prefer a 330i over the 330d :) but that said i wouldnt overlook an mtec 330d if one came along.

have you driven the rx8? just wondering is there much of a difference, if there is then ill knock the 192 on the head, ive heard there isnt tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Drove an RX8 last year, the 231 bhp one. I'd driven the 192 before, quite a difference in terms of grip I thought. Power wise, yes you do notice the difference, but I'd advise having a go at both, my opinion could be way different to yours. Any mazda sales shark would let you take a run in either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I haven't driven a 192, but to be honest, the 231 will be worth more when it comes to sell on.
    I'd either go for the 330i or 231 RX8 out of that lot.
    330d good too, not as quick as 330i but low end torque and better economy. Might be worth a DMS chip too... brings it to 265bhp...

Advertisement