Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on Toyota Camry 2.2

Options
  • 02-04-2007 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just looking for a some advice regarding the Toyota Camry 2.2i from the 1993-1997 era. Before the wedge shaped one that predated the new type. Anyone have any stories or general opinions about the car with a manual gearbox. Engine is supposed to be very good with manual gearbox, around 140 bhp.

Any advice??

EDIT: It's for a student friend of mine, he likes the bigger engines but has a small budget, less than 3k if possible, excluding tax and insurance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Honest John gives it the tumbs up (telegraph).
    I would guess taxi drivers are a big market for a car like this, would want to avoid an ex-taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

make sure CV joints, electric aeriels and auto box work as they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

maoleary wrote:
    Hi,

I'm just looking for a some advice regarding the Toyota Camry 2.2i from the 1993-1997 era. Before the wedge shaped one that predated the new type. Anyone have any stories or general opinions about the car with a manual gearbox. Engine is supposed to be very good with manual gearbox, around 140 bhp.

Any advice??

EDIT: It's for a student friend of mine, he likes the bigger engines but has a small budget, less than 3k if possible, excluding tax and insurance.

They are a big comfortable car and taxi drivers loved them. They can handle high mileage easily but make sure if your looking at one that it isn't a knackered old ex taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Thanks guys, that would be the most important thing for him. Buying an ex-taxi would be a pain. Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement