Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long does it take?

Options
  • 02-04-2007 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

I passed my theory test last week and currently have the application form filled out, eye test report, birth cert, photos etc...
    I'm going in with them to the motor tax office tomorrow and im just wondering how long will it take for my licence to come?
    My folks said they would insure me as quick as possible so how long will that take? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I found Ballymun Motor Tax Office to be super quick. I ordered both my second provisional and my full licence off them and both arrived within 2 days.

I've heard it can take 2 weeks for the one in Dublin City Centre to send out your licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

If you go to the tax office to do it you get a reciept and as far as i kno you can drive with that, i done all my lessons on it anyway, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ballymun as Stark suggested are very quick 2 days was my waiting period.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

thanks for the info! hopefully i can get insured this week! :D

Advertisement