Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Cup First Round

• 02-04-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭

Some games taking place tonight in the league cup, midlands derby in Athlone vs Longford, be interesting to see what teams line out for this game. Longford could do with a morale boosting win after our 100% start to the season.

Looking forward to seeing the new Athlone ground.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

What are the other fixtures?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Some games taking place tonight in the league cup, midlands derby in Athlone vs Longford, be interesting to see what teams line out for this game. Longford could do with a morale boosting win after our 100% start to the season.

Looking forward to seeing the new Athlone ground.

If I had the wings of a sparrow,
    If I had the arse of a crow
    I'd fly over longford tomorrow
    And poo on the people below.

Oh poo on, oh poo on, oh poo on the people below (below)
    repeat...

tehe, tonight will be fun.

and you'll get to see a proper stand, not like that cow shed you call the flan sairo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

****ing penalites, we cannot score goals, so many good easy chances (hell id have scored the last one if I hadnt got a stitch!) Athlone were as guilty to an extent with their finishing. Eric played very well when he came on, I havent seen him move so fast since they called last drinks in PV's nightclub and then for him to score the winning penalty.

Such as it is.

Lovely ground though fair play to ye on it, was talking to one of the stewards and he said it will be fully finished with three more stands in the future?

And to sum up the whole night my hipflask ran out 10 mins before the end of extra time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The match wasn't great, and in fairness I'd say it was 50/50 on who deserved to win, dowdy missed a few sitters.

Yeah work on the opposit stand will start in the next few months, 90% of the capital to build it is raised but the stadium comitee have decided not to start untill they have it all, that way there can be no problems (the ground is being built at a set price).

The last two stands will be finished in 5 years at most, according to someone I know on the board.

Eric scoring the winner was obviously going to happen!

"He's not ronaldinho, he's eric Levine!"

What a man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The full draw for the second round of the eircom League of Ireland Cup is as follows:

Pool A:

Finn Harps v Sligo Rovers

Derry City v Galway United

Pool B:

Kerry League v Cork City

Cobh Ramblers v Waterford United

Pool C:

Drogheda United v Shamrock Rovers

Athlone Town v Kilkenny City

Pool D:

St. Patrick’s Athletic v Kildare County / UCD

Shelbourne v Bohemians / Bray Wanderers

The ties will be played on May 7th / 8th. There are two first round fixtures yet to be played – Kildare County will play UCD at Station Road on Monday, April 16th (kick-off 7:30pm), while Bohemians will play Bray Wanderers at Dalymount Park on Tuesday, April 17th (kick-off 7:45pm).

The draw for the second round of the eircom League of Ireland Cup was performed on a regional pool basis. However, the draw for the next round – the quarter finals – will be on an open national basis.

The winner of this season’s eircom League of Ireland Cup will qualify for a play-off game against the winners of the First Division for a place in the 2008 Setanta Sports Cup. If the winner of the competition has already qualified for the Setanta Sports Cup, the play-off will involve the winner of the First Division and the next available club in the Premier Division.
    Can't wait to face the Bohs again.

I'll have to root out my Judas flag for Crowe and Heary :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Here I was thinking I could go at least a season without seeing Bomber in a Bohs jersey! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He'll be injured that day. Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

St. Patrick’s Athletic v Kildare County / UCD

I would imagine i might actually see this Arkins lad but then again he on pay as you play then, hopefully Cornwall Haverty and Doran get a game.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

seansouth wrote:
    Can't wait to face the Bohs again.

I'll have to root out my Judas flag for Crowe and Heary :rolleyes:

They have to beat Bray first. Already beaten Bohs 1-0 this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can't see Bohs failing to beat Bray. Presuming they do, the game against Shels should be interesting. Keely, O'Dowd...

• Advertisement
Advertisement