Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need another Folder?

Options
  • 02-04-2007 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I have been folding on and off for a couple of years...under the CustomPC team banner.

Perhaps it is time to move to the Boards team...what do people think?

My current PPD is 1900-2100 average. At the moment I'm running 1xCPU and 1xGPU client on one rig plus the Windows SMP beta client on my other one.

All comments and thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Why not. Keep it local and real!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I'll swap team numbers as when when my current WU's finish :D

Both rigs now folding for Team 39432.
    A little low on points this week as I swapped one rig to Vista...and then back to XP as Vista is not a good choice for Folding just yet.

BTW...my Folding username is 'steelyglint' in case anyone was wondering just who the hell that is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

hopeful wrote:
    BTW...my Folding username is 'steelyglint' in case anyone was wondering just who the hell that is :)
    Yeah was wondering about that alright, very nice ppd.

Just looking at the team overtake list... those PS3 folders are whoring along.

Unfortunately I'm still folding away on a single 4000SD and my gpu is nvidia :(
    No bonus points for me!
    Booo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Welcome to the team hopefull :)

For some reason with 8 cpu's folding my PPD is much lower then yours. Although some of them are rather slow p4's and 2 celerons. But my core duo's ( laptops ) seem to be doing alright. I really need to get my opty back folding. And my x1950pro when it returns from my RMA with overclockers.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm currently folding on two rigs. Both X2 3800's..one at 2500 and one at 2600 and both with ATI X1900XT's.
    I have one rig folding one CPU and one GPU client. The other rig was doing the same but I think the X1900 is giving up as it was getting more EUE as time passes...so that rig is now running the Windows SMP client.

Looking to upgrade as summer approaches. Probably a C2D but ideally a pair of Opteron dual cores on a server board...I'm such an AMD fanboy :D
    Of course money will decide the final choice at some point.

Keep up the folding work!

Just for information...my PPD is down ATM as I've just sold one rig in preparation for building a new dedicated folding machine.
    Hopefully should have this up and running within the next two weeks.
    In the meantime my main rig will be grinding away on SMP cores.

Let's get some more points on the board :)

I know that feeling, my x1950pro has been away 4 weeks now, and my ppd is taking a huge hit. But at the end of the week i should have 3 more machines built and folding away happily \o/

Still waiting on a load of gear for the new rig...Overclockers and Parcelforce have managed to lose it somewhere over the Irish Sea:rolleyes:

Maybe a new thread so folks can list their current folding rig(s) would prove interesting?

Good idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement