Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stunning Crysis Video

Options
  • 02-04-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Wow it looks amazing. Hopefully it's not going to be shockingly demanding! I can smell a whole new computer being bought for this if it is:

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/9865

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I couldn't play the file on that site (it kept freezing on me) so here it is on Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMuDW-Sqq_0

It's an expanded version of the original physics trailer. I have to say, I am really, really, really getting excited about this. The nuclear style blast at the end looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Hoooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit ...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

cry engine 2 is supposed tob e scalable for 3 years back and 3 years ahead, so older machines will be able to run it, but just obviously not at full settings. I saw the system requirements and they were strangely not as high as i had thought. I expected 2gb ram, dual core cpu and an 8800 but the recommended was 1gb ram, 3ghz cpu and a 7800GT. which i just meet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

humanji wrote:
    The nuclear style blast at the end looks amazing.

Absolutely. I almost wet my pants when I saw that. I will so pay full price for this.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

of the nuke going off at the end sent shivers up my spine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

sweet jesus... geniuses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Now that's pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

0ubliette wrote:
    cry engine 2 is supposed tob e scalable for 3 years back and 3 years ahead, so older machines will be able to run it, but just obviously not at full settings. I saw the system requirements and they were strangely not as high as i had thought. I expected 2gb ram, dual core cpu and an 8800 but the recommended was 1gb ram, 3ghz cpu and a 7800GT. which i just meet :D

I think that is a cool feature actually. I know some people will be pissed that you can't actually by the hardware to run the highest spec of the game, but it means you can come back to the game in a few years time and it will look even better than it did. Which makes a nice change from games of the past where you play them now and they look like monkey balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That nuclear explosion at the end was indeed incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Gah, that video is freaking tiny (and Pootube? Gimme a break!)
    To really appreciate it, go here for HD versions: :p
    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2509

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wow thats one hell of a nuclear blast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That is stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

I can sense some mad Arnie-Predator action with the minigun and a jungle...I also like the way the soldier in that section decides to peg it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually your dead right there a Predator Mod would be class :D

Imagine the Multiplayer fun ..maybe 1- 2 Predators picking off 30 marines :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Actually your dead right there a Predator Mod would be class :D

Imagine the Multiplayer fun ..maybe 1- 2 Predators picking off 30 marines :)

If it bleeds..... we can kill it..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That's the most amazing piece of video footage I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Sweet

Advertisement