Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy letter in the post

Options
  • 02-04-2007 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

I received a dodgy posted letter from Spain today, reference some dubious international promotions -Award notification. Look for my bank details.

Strange to get spam by snail mail and I am also ex directory in all manners.

Anyone know the best way to deal with this to thwart the feckers?

Redman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

Bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

1. use a match
    2. use a lighter
    3. user a lighter and a bottle of lynx

Proberly best to just ignore it, unless there's a return address on it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I will definately Bin it of course!

But thought there may be a way of reporting this or other actions?

Anyone else gotten one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Wow, didn't think they bothered with snail mail anymore for the phishing scams. I think the Royal Mail in the UK intercept several hundred thousand of these letters a year, so the amount that get through could be well in excess of that - scary that people still fall for it.

I suppose dropping it into the local Gardai station is the easiest bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

did it come with a postage-paid envelope? if so stick all your other junk mail into it and send it to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement