Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA-To Re Appeal or not

Options
  • 02-04-2007 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

I sat 3.1,3.5,3.6,3.7 in December
    I got 49 in 3.1,3.5,3.7 I appealed the result I got a letter back saying there has been no change today.
    What really pisses me of is the letter is dated 29/03/07 and tells me to appeal again I have to reply by the 02/04/07 which is today the day I have received the letter.
    The only extra info I have now is which questions I passed or failed
    in 3.1 I only passed Q3 failed the others and in 3.7 I only passed Q3. failed the others
    so I have feck all info on one particular area letting me down
    In 3.5 I failed Q1 and passed Q2 and Q3 which is fair enough as Q1 is worth the majority of the marks but its quite strange/unfortunate in the other cases to pass relatively low mark questions and fail the rest.

My question is this do I appeal again?
    I’m sure if I phoned the ACCA and explained how if the letter was only sent on Thursday they cant expect a reply by Monday they would grant me some time.
    It would cost £50 a paper to do this again.
    AFAIK they only review if all questions have been allocated marks and if the total has been added correctly on the first appeal do you know if any extra review is done the second time?
    3 49's has to be unusual and maybe they might take this into account if it was actually someone with responsibility reading the application which may happen the second time.
    The only extenuating circumstances I can think of are that my handwriting is dreadful absolutely dreadful and have been told by countless teachers/lectures
    that it costs me marks in exams while there is no negative marking in exams there would certainly be parts if the exams where I missed out on marks simply because the marker couldn’t read what was written.
    I don’t feel my writing has much of an impact on my ability as an accountant particularly nowadays where most things would be typed up so its maybe a little unfair it costs me a few percent in such a narrow situation.
    I really don’t know if I can face doing all those exams again.
    any opinions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

damn that was a petty bitter rant
    Ive calmed down a bit (amazing what a pats win can do for you)
    while im still anoyed ive accepted it and wont bother wasted my money on a second appeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

That's a sickener Derek. Head down and give June a whirl!

P.S. ACCA are cnuts! ;)

Advertisement