Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad promo's

Options
  • 02-04-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is there any way to kill the bad promo's on Phantom?
    Or at least give listener's a way to vote on whether they work to attract attention or just channel change!

The present one with the "more ketchup son?" and the sound of someone chewing makes me want to vomit, and I therefore switch to a cd instead as soon as I hear the start of it.

The bad accents (over)used in this and the Sinister Pete ads are also irritating, is there no way to reduce the frequency of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Well too completely hijack thread why don't were the listeners give a few suggestions? Here mine.

*Sound of a door opening*

Womans Voice: "Jonathan! What are you doing in bed with my sister! And sheep!?

*sheep bleats*

Jonathan in a sad defeated tone: "Well Mary I'll tell you" voice changes to that of a cheesy American announcer "We're listening to Phantom 105.2!"

*Sheep bleats happily*

Cheesy American Jonathan: "Phantom 105.2 being you all the best in new local and international Indie and Alliterative Rock"

Neill Austin: "Phantom 105.2 the home of quality sounds and happy sheep"

*sheep bleats*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

ehh... ger...
    eh....
    doesn't matter.

*backs away slowly.....*

*runs away*

Back on topic, i love that ad. much better than the one with hyland crooning badly...and we know he can sing.

Smurfpiss wrote:
    ehh... ger...
    eh....
    doesn't matter.

*backs away slowly.....*

*runs away*

Back on topic, i love that ad. much better than the one with hyland crooning badly...and we know he can sing.

Oh come on that was quality humour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The Boy Wonders

May I say say your joke was baaaad. ;)

The disgusting ketchup eating noise thing is a switchover.

And also whenever I hear "Quality Sounds Only" I think "Quality Sounds Lonely". Not that it does or anything, it just springs to mind every single time!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Well it's a lonely job playing quality sounds when you consider what's being played on other stations! :D

• Advertisement

May I say say your joke was baaaad. ;)

The disgusting ketchup eating noise thing is a switchover.

And also whenever I hear "Quality Sounds Only" I think "Quality Sounds Lonely". Not that it does or anything, it just springs to mind every single time!:rolleyes:

Well at least you can be thankful I'm not the one writing the Phantom promos :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bastich

Alliterative Rock
    What's that when it's at home?

bastich wrote:
    What's that when it's at home?

Its what happens when my Macs spell check makes a mistake and i fail to catch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Eddie Specs

check out the second clip "english accent radio production" on http://www.myspace.com/keithlawsketches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

I always found the promos featuring those put-on Dub accents pretty good...especially the one ripping out the Dublin pirate dance music stations, anyone remember "this one goes out to John in the 'Joy....it's from your ma she says she'll be seeing you there soon!"

As for a tagline instead of "quality sounds only" how about "Dublin's only alternative" ??

Just my 2c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

An old friend of mine who now lives in Finland says he enjoys listening to Phantom on the net in work over there. We met up last in London a few weeks ago and all weekend he was going around saying "More Ketchup son?" in a dodgy dub-irish-welsh-finnish accent. Brillant catchline, lets have more of them!! Jack For President!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

yeah, i have to say i don't mind them in the slightest.
    although a bit more flopsy wouldn't do anyone any harm i don't think. an angry teenage rabbit can only ever be good marketing, surely.

also- i quite like the sheep one. but that's not saying anything.. i like my humour **** :)

butterfly wrote:
    yeah, i have to say i don't mind them in the slightest.
    although a bit more flopsy wouldn't do anyone any harm i don't think. an angry teenage rabbit can only ever be good marketing, surely.

also- i quite like the sheep one. but that's not saying anything.. i like my humour **** :)

You heard the man Phantom, get on it! We'll discuss payment later :D

Advertisement