Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De-certified do not attempt to remove this label - sticker on model?

Options
  • 02-04-2007 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Got my brother a model of a classic mini the other day for his birthday.
    Was just wondering what the sticker on the side means, "DE-CERTIFICATED DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THIS LABEL". It's a corgi 1:36 die cast model if it matters.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

jozi wrote:
    Got my brother a model of a classic mini the other day for his birthday.
    Was just wondering what the sticker on the side means, "DE-CERTIFIED DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THIS LABEL". It's a corgi 1:36 die cast model if it matters.

Jozi

I would assume that the label is the certificate of authentacy?
    and without it the car would not have its true value? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I taught soemthing like that, or that corgi doesnt hold the license to produce it anymore?

Just re-read the label and it actually says DE-CERTIFICATED ill edit the post.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Look here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Thanks for that link, explains it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

ok this thread update is very late but,... i think the real reason behind this is that the diecast companies made too many models ie I0,000 mini mayfairs when they should have been, say, 2500. A certificate is put in each model box but not necessarily the first 2500. The remainder are then offered for sale at cheaper prices to dealers. It is also noted that some models have been offered without the sticker and also without the certificate:( . It isnt the first time that this has happened with Corgi. In the 90s a lot of Vitesse Portugal had a similiar problem but it was the models, not the certificates. It was down to inaccuracies such as wrong colour, wrong info on box, etc etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement