Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Bug- Damned Thing.

Options
  • 02-04-2007 8:25pm

Yes, I think I've caught the stomach bug. Since this morning I've gotten really bad stomach cramps, which makes me feel like somethings gonna come out both ends at once. It's a horrible feeling.

Has anyone else gotten it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I had a mild experience a few weeks ago but I put it down to overdoing it with antibiotics. Have stayed clear of them for a while and now all's fine.

I pity you. Were you drinking it and hoping for the best? I still brush the choppers using tap water. Half the time I just forget about it.

Feet up, stay in bed.

ethernet wrote:
    I had a mild experience a few weeks ago but I put it down to overdoing it with antibiotics. Have stayed clear of them for a while and now all's fine.

I pity you. Were you drinking it and hoping for the best? I still brush the choppers using tap water. Half the time I just forget about it.

Feet up, stay in bed.

I haven't drank tap water since the boil water notice was issued, so the only thing I can think of is getting it from brushing my teeth.

I swear, ya be healthy and clean and what happens? Ya end up contaminated. Theres a lesson there.. somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Bottled water all the way for me - teeth brushing, drinking etc.....

But for some reason, I find myself drinking less water than I usually did, before the whole fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Apparently the bug doesn't show symptoms for a few weeks sometimes so maybe ya caught it ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

• Advertisement

Thanks. That'll come in excellently for me.

Only problem is that my diet almost solely consists of dairy and fiber. Ack well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Everybody I know still brushes their teeth with it but they do say those with reduced immune systems are more susceptible. It was also announced this morning that the city faces 6 more months of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I heard that. September? Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Did anyone read the two-page spread in the "Sunday World"? Around p.22, I think. It seems raw sewage is being dumped in fields in the middle of the night in the county. Locals have complained to the Council but nothing has been done. It's believed it could be the souce of the contamination.

Advertisement