Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evesham Nav-Cam 7700

Options
  • 02-04-2007 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

On Saturday last, I saw one of these - Evesham Nav-Cam 7700 - in Harvey Normans in Blanchardstown.
    They are selling it for 289 euros. I had a look at the Evesham web site and found that they are doing a special offer on it for £119 sterling (175 euros).

http://www.evesham.com/products/info.asp?e=1A0C1A1C-6558-40C6-AF79-681EF928870E

I know from what I have read here that Navteq is much better than Teleatlas
    (for Ireland) and this one has Navteq (AA Navigator).

I would be grateful if anybody would give me their opinion on this or maybe somebody has one.

Is this a later model of what was sold in Aldi a couple of weeks ago?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

This is the same as the AA navigator Vive, i bought it for 210 last week. I think its great, has every little backroad in Tallaght anyway!

The only problem ive had with it is it takes a while to pick up a GPS signal when your starting out, it gets a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

The Evesahm 7700 is a later model of what was sold in aldi last week. I read a few uk posts where people has a few gripes about , sat acquiring at start up, problems with getting updates ,and no touch screen ? Not sure if these problems were just associated wiht the model Aldi were selling . Not bad for the price thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

dak wrote:
    The Evesahm 7700 is a later model of what was sold in aldi last week. I read a few uk posts where people has a few gripes about , sat acquiring at start up, problems with getting updates ,and no touch screen ? Not sure if these problems were just associated wiht the model Aldi were selling . Not bad for the price thought!

No touch screen? There not talking about the same system then. Cos the 7700 doe shave touch screen.
    The only gripe I have is that it takes a while to pick up the signal initally. The problem with upgrading is the registering but once i didn that I had no problems at all.

The AA software is alos excellent and it has every road ive travelled on so far.

Thats an excellent price as well.

No touch screen? There not talking about the same system then. Cos the 7700 doe shave touch screen.
    The only gripe I have is that it takes a while to pick up the signal initally. The problem with upgrading is the registering but once i didn that I had no problems at all.

The AA software is alos excellent and it has every road ive travelled on so far.

Glad to hear they have sorted the gripes. I think aldi were selling the evesham 6400/6600 ? If it works with no problems thtas great!

Glad to hear they have sorted the gripes. I think aldi were selling the evesham 6400/6600 ? If it works with no problems thats great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I also got the AA Navigator Vive last week. And unlike GaryTheGreat, mine picks up its signal fairly quickly.
    However, i have notived on very cloudy days, it looses its signal more frequently than I would have expected.

Advertisement